I wrote on YourStory about marketing mistakes I find myself making repeatedly and see most often in others as well.
Here are some ways to avoid making such mistakes:
- Study the data. Be careful you don’t misinterpret it, but make sure you’re looking at it and can figure out what it means.
- Ask your customers. Make sure you’re talking to them and know what they really think, and not just what you think they think. But of course, they need to be the right customers.
- Talk to people who’ll ask you the hard questions: be it a partner, advisor, or a friend.
- Don’t lose sight of your vision. Don’t change something just because someone suggested it: see if it fits into your vision of your business.
- Measure your productivity. Are you spending time on the right things?
- Question yourself constantly. Why are you doing [something]? Are you making the right assumptions? Is there a better way of doing this?
Tell me: what are the mistakes you try hard not to make?