It’s this year, after we started as a business, that we actually started writing regularly — and this is the 60th post of the year.
We would like to end the year by spotlighting both our most popular posts — that is, the ones you readers liked best — as well as my favorite posts.
The Most Popular Better Marketing Posts of 2013
These posts got us the most views in 2013.
- Common Email Marketing Mistakes: Using examples of Diwali emails in his inbox, Nilesh lays out common mistakes email marketers still make — and that you should avoid. This became by far our most popular post, getting over twice as many views as the next one.
- Interview with Lisa Barone, Small-Business Marketing Expert: My interview of our favorite marketing blogger Lisa Barone also got us a lot of views, especially from Lisa’s fans!
- Integrated Marketing Lessons from NH7 and Only Much Louder: Nilesh’s review of NH7’s marketing was not merely popular on our blog, it earned kudos from the brand manager as well.
- Marketing Lessons from a Professional Photographer: My learning from a friend who’s a professional photographer was outlined in this post.
- The Opposite of Marketing: Keeping Your Product Attributes A Secret: Nilesh wasn’t impressed by Infosys’ marketing of a new product.
Better Marketing’s Picks of Best Blog Posts of 2013
But here are my favorite posts which aren’t covered in the above list.
- 18 Things E-commerce Websites Must Get Right: We seem to have reviewed a lot of e-commerce websites this year, and Nilesh puts his opinions together in this blog post that explains simple ways to retain customers and nudge them towards a purchase.
- 5 Risks of Relying on Social Media Marketing: In this recent post, Nilesh explains why you shouldn’t put all your marketing eggs in the social media basket.
- Why You Shouldn’t Use Social Media: We are big advocates of using social media to connect with customers. However, you shouldn’t use social media if you fit any of these criteria. (I’m hoping you don’t!)
- A Complete Guide to Content Marketing for Small Businesses: I put together this guide to help you start out with content marketing.
- How to Determine Which Social Media Channels You Should Use: In this post, I share some rules-of-thumb you can use to decide which social media sites might be right for your business.
Happy New Year! May 2013 bring you more success. And if you have a post on this blog you like that I haven’t covered above, let us know!