Before you start off with content marketing, you need to put together your content strategy. Your content strategy depends on various factors: the industry you are in, the audience you are targeting and your strengths (both as a business and as a content creator/manager).
As I wrote in this post on the Search Engine People blog, your content strategy should answer these questions:
- What are the objectives of your content marketing program?
- Who is your audience?
- What kind of topics will you cover?
- What forms of content will you use – text, video, pictures, podcasts?
- Where will you publish this content – on your website, your blog, on a popular industry blog, your social media pages, industry forums?
- How will you create this content?